Here is the recipe:
Homemade Fudge Pops
(makes 12 frozen treats. I doubled the recipe to make 24 frozen treats.)
You can also find the recipe HERE
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
4 cups milk ( I used 1% milk)
- Stir together sugar, flour, and cocoa powder in a large sauce pan (I double the recipe, so I used large pot)
- Stir in half of the milk into the dry mixture and whisk until completely combined and smooth.
- Stir in the rest of the milk.
- When the rest of the milk is completely incorporated. Heat on medium heat.
- Stir the mixture constantly (so that it won't scorch) until it comes to a full rolling boil.
- Continue stirring and allow the contents to boil for two minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool until warm (about 20 minutes).
- Pour warm mixture into an empty (and clean) ketchup or syrup bottle. I do this because it is much easier to fill the molds.
- Fill each section of the mold about 7/8 full. About 1/4 cup per mold.
- When all the molds are filled, place to mold top on each section.
- Of course, I discovered that several of my tops are missing ( naughty children). I had to improvise by using four small plastic knives I dug out of my stash of plastic silverware.
- Place in the freezer until completely frozen ( I usually just let them stay in overnight).
- To remove fudgesicles from the molds, run hot water over the molds for a minute or two, or let sit on the counter for five minutes before removing.