Sunday, January 30, 2011

This Week's Menu 1/31

 (here's what is in this week's Bountiful Basket)

 I am proud to announce that I spent $387.86 this month on groceries; this includes food and non perishable items (a.k.a. toilet paper, laundry soap, dog food, etc.). That also includes my weekly contribution to Bountiful Baskets (my half of the contribution is $8.25 per week). I did not buy very much meat this month, because I am trying to use up a slew of frozen chicken and venison from our freezer. My meat purchases consisted of pepperoni, sausage, bacon, and a couple packages of turkey lunch meat.

This week's menu is kind of boring, but I polled the troops, and the following entrees won the popular vote. I suppose if they decide what's for dinner, they  will be required to eat it! I'm sure that is an unwritten law..........somewhere!

Sunday
Dinner At The Neighbors ( I provided dessert. Brownies and Ice Cream)

Monday
Bacon Fried Rice
Asparagus
Cantalope

Tuesday
Venison Stew
Buttermilk Biscuits

Wednesday
Soft Tacos
Refried Beans
Tomato and  Lettuce

Thursday
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (using leftover taco meat in the sauce)
Green Salad
Easy Breadsticks

Friday
Leftover Night
Steamed Broccoli

Saturday
Hashbrown Sausage Bake (new recipe that I'm trying)
Fruit Salad
Muffins (the kind depends on what leftover fruit or veggies need used up)

3 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your grocery spending...that is awesome! Your menu looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's amazing. You really do have this thrifty thing down to a science! Spaghetti is a weekly favorite at our house but I'm intrigued by your Hashbrown Sausage Bake and can't wait to hear if you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the grocery spending. Your menu looks yummy! I agree if the kids pick it, they gotta eat it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails