Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hallelujah! It's Back To School Time!


Hello, everybody! It's me....your long, lost friend....Tightwad Mom! I've been missing all my bloggy friends! Remember me.......ANYONE?

Holy Moses! Summer has kicked my not so little booty this year! I have been in a whirl wind of back to school shopping (on a very tight budget), school registration, a family crisis, and tying up a few loose ends. However, there is an end in sight! Tomorrow morning I will be doing the HAPPY DANCE OF JOY at the end of the drive way, as I watch my babies walking to the bus stop (except for Child #1 who has purchased a car, and will be driving around the block to the High School. He told his sister she can catch a ride with him.... for a $1.00 a day transportation fee....and if she hunches down in the back seat, so nobody catches on that they are related!).

Anyway, I will be back in full force soon! For those of you who are sending your own babies back to school (or hubby's to work). Here are some great brown bag lunch ideas from Real Mom's Kitchen, and my own humble blog! See ya soon!

P.S. The Chocolate Zucchini Muffin recipe on Real Mom's Kitchen's post is to DIE for! I have made them twice to use up excess zucchini, and the family could get enough!

4 comments:

  1. You're back! I have been wondering where you were :) Hope everything settles down soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are back and doing the "happy dance." I love the story of child #1 and the fee for child #2. Made me laugh!! Sounds like my house! Child #1 is dying because he has to be on time for Seminary this year. The Bishop is giving him gas money as an incentive(to drive his son.) It was just yesterday we were laughing and crying at the ball park with the oldest children. Where has time gone. Enjoy your days!! I hear Kindergarten is all day. Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I am really out of it. Your youngest has been out of Kindergarten awhile.....Remember I am losing it!! Sorry!! Lucky Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, there you are! We are empty nesters so we miss out on most of the back-to-school frenzy now except for doing some school clothes shopping with the granddaughter. Thanks for the link to the Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. Don't pull a muscle doing that Happy Dance of Joy. You'll want to enjoy your peace and quiet!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails