Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Case Lot Sale At Ridley's And Why I Love Case Lot Sales


Ridley's and Nel's BiLo are both having their semi annual case lot sale for the next two weeks (Sept. 28th thru Oct. 11)! There are a lot of great deals (although I am disappointed that there 25 pound bags of sugar are $11.88. It is cheaper to buy at Winco for $11.18.)

Case lot sales are a great way to build up food storage, and stock the pantry with staples for fairly cheap. I try to set aside a little bit of money out of each weeks grocery budget, so that I can restock my food storage when these sales roll around. I try to keep six months worth of pantry staples downstairs in the storage room I have set aside for that purpose. I am sold on having at least a few months of pantry basics always set aside. You never know when unemployment, or unexpected trials will hit. If you have some necessities stockpiled the money you would be using to buy groceries can be rerouted to other areas in the budget. I have been relying on my own stash of food quite a lot; due to the fact that we have had a plethora of unexpected medical bills, car repairs, plumbing repairs, and employment setbacks this year. Basic non food items, such as soap, toothpaste, toilet paper, deodorant, shampoo, and razors are also another thing that it nice to have a supply of. Having a stockpile also helps me keep my grocery budget under control. It is much easier to plan and cook a menu when all the key ingredients are already easily accessible. When I notice that I am starting to run low on a particular item, I write it down on a list stuck to my fridge. That way I know what I need and I can start looking for good deals on that item.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails