I would like to thank her for her thoughtfulness. Stop by Jayaycee's blog soon; you'll love it. It is full of recipes, ideas, reminisces, and food for thought. She has quite a sense of humor, too. I thoroughly enjoy each visit.
Now to fulfill the requirements. The recipient must do the following things:
- Copy and paste the award into their blog.
- Tell the rest of blogdom all about the lovely person who passed the award on you, and provide a link to their blog.
- List ten things that makes you happy
- Pass the award on to other bloggers, and visit their blogs to let them know about their award.
- Diet Coke; enough said.
- New dish towels. My favorites are colored flour sack, and homespun plaids. My kitchen feels all pretty and new when I hang a new dish towel on the oven door handle.
- New dish rags. It is so refreshing to wipe a counter clean with a rag that is not stained and full of holes. Dear Hubby thinks I'm insane, but I ask for new ones every year for my birthday.
- Hugs from my children. It is sad to say as my children get older hugs become more sporadic. Therefore, I treasure each one.
- Sitting in the sunshine. I love to sit in the sunshine and enjoy a quiet moment (though, most sun sitting sessions involve my children, so they are rarely quiet).
- A good book. I am an avid reader. I still like to learn (I' m hoping it will keep my brain from turning to mush), so I read lots of nonfiction. Don't get my wrong, though. I'm always in for a good fluffy novel or mystery.
- My garden. It is a love/hate relationship sometimes, but mostly love. I derive great pleasure in providing fresh veggies for my family and friends.
- Canning. I know this sounds insane (and it probably is), but I am a happy little camper when I am in the throws of preserving fruits, veggies, pickles, jams,and jellies. I love looking a the rows of full jars lined up on the basement shelves (and hopefully,my family doesn't mind eating it).
- Baking. Baking is a stress reliever for me. You can gauge my stress level by how many baked goods are in the house. Thank goodness there always seems to be a few teenage boys hanging around my house willing to help keep inventory in check!
- Antique kitchenware. Just love them. I have them decorating all the nooks and crannies in my kitchen. They are a constant reminder of how hard my female ancestors worked to raise their (not so little families), so I had better buck up and get to raising my own little brood!