Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This Week's Menu 5/17: The Will I Ever Get My Life In Order Edition!

 ( My half of this week's basket)

For Pete sake, when it rains it pours!!! Our Internet has been down, due to a cable issue for the last five days; and the repair man has just left! It seems that when our Internet dish was installed five years ago, the installation person installed indoor only cable from the outside dish to our router. Needless to say, five years worth of weather has wrecked havoc on said cable. When the repairman showed me the cable he had just replaced it looked like a family of hungry beavers had chewed it up!  I am happy to report that we are now up and running with super, state of the art, outdoor approved ethernet cable. It is amazing how much better (and faster) the Internet works when it's not trying to "move" along frayed and broken wiring. I have to tell you it felt a little bit like being on a deserted island with out Internet. I feel like I'm behind, and I have missed reading all your fun comments and blogs.....................it's good to be BACK!

Anyway, this week menu is pretty basic. Chicken still plays a major role (as I am still trying to use up the stash of whole chicken in the freezer).

Sunday
Chicken Fricasee (bumped from last week)
Steamed Rice
Watermelon
Green Peas
Apple Pie (had some sketchy looking apple that needed eaten)

Monday
Cowboy Hash ( I'll post the recipe later this week)
Watermelon
Blueberry Muffins
Leftover Pie

Tuesday
Grilled Hot Dogs
Potato Salad
Pineapple cubes
Wednesday
Leftovers for the kids (Dear Daughter's Debate Banquet tonight)

Thursday
Dad's Special (a.k.a. $5.00 pizza from Little Caesar's)
I have a meeting tonight

Friday
Chicken Enchiladas
Refried Beans
Green Salad

Saturday
Chicken Fried Rice
Cantaloupe 
Green Salad (or veggies that need used up)

Do any of my Dear Bloggy Friends have some ideas to use up Chicken?

1 comment:

  1. Last night I made some rockin' chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes. Melt 4 T. oil in a skillet (I had leftover chicken drippings from frying chicken a few days ago in the fridge). Add 4 T. flour to oil and whisk together to make a roux. Cook on high heat 3-4 minutes stirring frequently. Add 2 cups chicken broth (homemade is best) and whisk fiercely to get rid of lumps. When thickened add chopped cooked chicken. Heat through. You can add more chicken broth to thin out if the gravy gets too thick. Serve over mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails