Sunday, May 1, 2011

This Week's Menu 5/1

(This week's Bountiful Basket,and assorted family member's limbs)

This week I actually took the time to plan my menu, and I am posting  it BEFORE the middle of the week! Yeah me! This week I have to watch the grocery budget closely, so I have been digging through the freezer, refrigerator, and pantry to find odds and ends to use up. Besides a freezer clean out every so often is a good thing. This week we will be having:

Sunday
Hamburgers (from yesterday)
Dutch Oven Potatoes
Sliced Honeydew and Watermelon

Monday
Shrimp Alfredo with Penne Pasta
Asparagus (from last week's basket that needs to be used ASAP)
Sliced Honeydew and Watermelon

Tuesday

Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy (using up the leftover patties from Sunday)
Mashed Potatoes (and Cauliflower)
Corn on the Cob
Strawberries with Whipped Cream

Wednesday
Clam Chowder
Spinach Salad
Applesauce Muffins

Thursday 
Leftover Night

Friday
Berry Filled Puff Pancake (new recipe I'm trying)
Scrambled Eggs
Fried Potatoes

Nothing too glamorous. Mainly, just old standbys. My big goal this week is to use up all the veggies in my refrigerator bins. I am happy to report that the new fridge is keeping all of my produce fresh much, much longer than the old one!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great menu. Right now, I'd kill for a burger and an applesauce muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO please provide a recipe for your dutch oven potatoes :) I just found a dutch oven at a yard sale last weekend. Please and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sassy - I'll post it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your menu sounds delicious. I am really hoping that the berry puff pancake turns out...I want you to share that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Katie - I hope it turns out, too. I'll post the recipe. The recipe seems to be a great way to use summer berries.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails