Monday, July 18, 2011

Strawberry Freezer Jam

Well, can I just tell you how proud I am of my little ol' strawberry patch!


 I planted it two years ago around our back yard deck with starts from a friend's garden. Last year, it produced a small bowl full of berries. This year, it has far exceeded my expectations! Last week, it produced a small mixing bowl full of berries. Enough, to mix with rhubarb and make  cobbler. This week, it has provided me with a large mixing bowl full of very ripe strawberries.


Plenty of strawberries to make two batches of Strawberry Freezer Jam. Eight pint jars worth! (Notice that I used empty peanut butter jars to store the jam. The peanut butter jars stack beautifully in the freezer.)


My hard working little patch has also been frantically sending out lots and lots of  runners (baby strawberry plants).


Hopefully, next year those little baby plants will produce even more strawberries! YUM!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You really got a lot of berries - I'm jealous!

    This was our first year for strawberries so we didn't get many (they were still so good!), but I'm looking forward to a lot more next year. Our plants are sending out lots of runners as well which hopefully means lots more berries next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I visit you TWM, I learn something new. Didn't know you could freeze strawberry jam. Using the peanut butter jars was really smart! Thanks for the recipe. It sounds wonderful! Your strawberries are beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Tina! Next time try some Strawberry-Rhubarb jam. It's divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would and interested in learning to get started and i don't know if you teach anybody but i would love to learn. my email address is lynette.barfuss@gmail.com

    thank you lynette

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails