Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Camper's Survived!

Dear Daughter and I are back from our week at camp, and I am happy to report that we returned home with the same number of girls we left with!!! Nobody gotten eaten by bears (they were probably scared away by all the giggling and screaming). We did have a skunk wander in one evening (brave soul), but I don't think he stuck around for long. The allure of garbage must have been short lived, once he heard the general who ha of all those girls (318 in total)! We smelt him, but never did see him; which was fine by me. There were quite a number of mosquitoes (there is a pond in the camp). Most of the campers got a few mosquito bites, but nothing serious..........except for me! Apparently, I am the equivalent of mosquito chocolate!


I am also thinking that I may be having an allergic reaction. Needless to say, I am a little itchy. Dear Hubby lost count at 60+ bites on various parts of my anatomy (including my posterior.........OUCH!).

Everyone had a fabulous time. There was lots of singing, games, crafting, eating, giggling, and jumping in the pond. We only got rained on one night, which was wonderful, because we have had pretty much a solid month of rain here. Despite my lack of enthusiasm for living in the wilderness in the beginning, I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

The menfolk also survived my absence. Largely, because the Daddy Bear bought pizza most nights ( I found the remains in the fridge). I made sure the boys got an extra good scrubbing  the night I got home, so they got a good defunking, too. Now, I am trying to clean my house and restore some sort of order.

It's great to be home. I have really missed posting for the last week. I have some great posts bouncing around in my head that I can't wait to share!!

P.S. WOOT! WOOT! 101 readers!!!! What a great surprise to come home to, and there are still 12 days until my birthday. You guys are the best readers ever!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Glad you had a good time (other than the bites)! Make Benadryl your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grab a good book and enjoy a calamine bath! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Afterbite for mosquito bites. It works. And camping rocks, skunk and all. Glad you went

    ReplyDelete
  4. I react to bites just like you. No matter what precautions I take, the little blighters love the taste of me! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails