Sunday, November 7, 2010

This Week's Menu


This week starts the second week of Around My Family's Table  Pantry Challenge. I did end up going to the grocery store for milk and sour cream (what I thought was extra sour cream in the garage fridge was actually cottage cheese. Oops!). I did split my usual Bountiful Basket with my friend. I have to admit that I enjoyed having a menu planned last week, and once I worked out the bugs, it did help keep me organized in the kitchen!

My menu for this week will be:

Sunday
Soft Tacos
Refried Beans
Lettuce and Tomatoes

Monday
French Dip Sandwich
Jello Salad
Fresh Green Beans

Tuesday
Leftover Roast with Brown Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Carrots
 Pumpkin Apple Muffins from One Crazy Cookie(using up some leftover pumpkin and an abundance of apples)

Wednesday
Chili Cheese Baked Potatoes
Leftover Muffins
Home canned peached

Thursday
Baked Potato Soup from The Frugal Girl
Green Salad
Potato Rolls (recipe coming soon!)

Friday
Pigs In Blankets
Assorted Leftovers

Saturday
We are having an early Thanksgiving dinner with my family
I have been assigned a salad and dessert (I'll be making Easy Pumpkin Pie and macaroni salad)

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great menu at your house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you are enjoying the menu planning aspect of the challenge. I need to do better with that.

    Did you order a basket this week? The Honeycrisp apples are the best! I look forward to this time every year so that I can get a case. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy,
    I did order a basket this week! I love that you can get fresh produce for cheap! The apples have been delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!! You would never guess you are eating out of the pantry. I am coming to your house for dinner this week for your menu sounds so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails