Friday, September 17, 2010

Swore Farms



(Click on the picture above for directions to the farm.)

One of my favorite places to visit during late summer and throughout the fall is Swore Farms (I really am a farm girl at heart!). Mike and Wendy Swore and their five children own a small local farm that has been in their family for three generations. I admire their willingness to carry on the family tradition. As well as, provide local produce and agricultural education for the community. I end up at the farm on many weekends buying corn. I have been eating (and freezing dozens of ears) of their yummy corn for several years now, it's the best sweet corn I've tasted. I also like to peruse the "garage" while I'm there to find other fresh veggies to supplement what I can't grow in my own garden. They have a great variety of vegetables; I especially like the red potatoes.


You can visit the Swore Family at the farm Saturdays from 10:00am - 4:00pm (daily from 10:00am - 7:00pm during corn season). If you don't want to drive out to the farm, you can visit them Wednesday (from 4:00 - 8:00pm) and Saturday (from 9:00am - 1:00pm) at the Portneuf Valley Farmer's Market or Tuesdays at the Chubbuck Farmer's Market (from 3:30 - 7:30pm).

Starting October 1st Swore Farms will be hosting their Annual Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch every Friday (4:00pm to dusk), Saturday (10:00am to dusk), and Mondays (4:00 to dusk) for Family Night. Groups and classes are also welcome to call Wendy (705-0991) to schedule a visit. I have taken my Cub Scout groups on several occasions, and we have always had a fabulous time. I love that Wendy teach the kids about farming and agriculture while they are having a fun time.

Go check out there website soon to learn more about Swore Farms, and be sure to take advantage of all the fresh, yummy produce they provide. Thank you Swore Farms!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. That looks like such a cool place. The corn maze and pumpkin patch would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to say that I gave you a blog award. Check it at Around My Family Table

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for the blog about us! We open this weekend and I'm really excited to show everyone all the fun stuff we have going!

    Mike is a third generation farmer, but we bought the farm next door to his family farm. (grandpa doesn't want to retire yet, so we got as close as we could to the family farm)

    Have an awesome evening, and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails